What is Passion Fruit?
Passion fruit is pleasantly sweet and tart. It is an avid climber (vine) which grows on anything that it can grapple around through its tendrils. It is round or oval, it is either yellow or dark purple at maturity, with soft, juicy interior filled with seeds. It is popular as breakfast food, juice, snack, and flavour additive to salsa, salad, and desserts
Where does Passion Fruit grow?
Passions are native to subtropical wild regions of South America, probably originated in Paraguay. Passion fruit grows in nearly any warm climate in the world, provided they are frost-free throughout the year. This includes the South Pacific, Central America, the Middle East, the Mediterranean, and various subtropical locations throughout the world.
Passion Fruit Health Benefits and Nutrition Facts
· Protects against premature aging
· Reduces anxiety and stress
· Immune booster
· Improves digestions and helps prevent heart attacks
· Its juice reduces cancer cell growth
· Keeps skin hydrated
· Seeds are a great source of Fibre that helps to cleanse the colon
· Rich source of Vitamin-C, A, minerals, and potassium