What is Cocoa?
The cacao tree, whose Latin name is Theobroma cacao, which means “Food of the Gods". It is native to the Amazon region and as the meaning suggests, cocoa was historically considered a very important crop in Central and South America. In fact, its beans were so prized that the native tribes used them as a form of currency.
Cocoa Health Benefits Nutrition Facts
· Cocoa contains the mood improver, anandamide –
which creates the feeling of happiness.
· Protects the heart and prevents cardiovascular disease
· Creates energy and combats fatigue
· Improves insulin resistance and glucose metabolism
· Contains more than 700 protective compounds, including
· It has more antioxidants than green tea